Ready to get your business back into gear? It’s your truck and your future, and Mercer Transportation has plenty of flatbed freight to help you succeed as an owner-operator! Last year was rough for the whole trucking industry, particularly flatbedders, but Mercer offers the stability of a massive freight network (over 12,000 customers) and quick payments after each load. The shippers are back in business, and now we need more drivers to keep up with freight.
Expenses add up, and that’s why Mercer helps owner-operators with steep discounts on fuel, tires, insurance, and more. You can pick your preferred freight or work with a load coordinator. However you choose to run your business, you’re more than just a number with Mercer. With over 40 years in the industry, we’ve seen our share of tough times. As the economy rebounds, we need trucking professionals who are ready and motivated for success.
Owner Operators Enjoy Many Benefits at Mercer Transportation:
- Zero sign-on fees to join with Mercer
- Quick Pay after the paperwork is submitted for each load
- Use a personal load coordinator or browse thousands of loads
- Major discounts on tires, essential gear, and insurance
- Save on diesel with Mercer fuel card (we file and pay fuel taxes)
- Access to driver lounge and open-door offices in Louisville
- Bonus credits for revenue, safety, and years-of-service
After 40+ Years, Still Going Strong
Join Mercer Transportation - The Owner Operator Company!
Call (844) 767-9899 for a Mercer recruiter and
get more information and answers to your questions.
Or Apply Online Today!
Minimum Requirements for Owner Operators:
- 25+ years old with current class A CDL and DOT physical
- Clean driving record (traffic violations, accidents, etc.)
- 6 months open deck experience in the last 3 years
- One year of recent interstate trucking experience
- Willing to install a forward-facing dashcam
- Must have a smartphone
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Surprisingly for one of the top carriers in North America, Mercer Transportation has kept the supportive and friendly company culture of a “mom and pop” operation. Just like over 40 years ago, when we started as a small flatbed company, Mercer Transportation is dedicated to the success of each owner-operator in the fleet. Thanks to our huge North American service area and diverse range of clients and services, we’re well equipped to outlast even the roughest patches in the economy. We continue to pay drivers on time, and each owner-operator is treated with respect. If you feel like you’re getting lost in the shuffle and struggling to stay busy, check out the available freight with Mercer Transportation.