It’s your truck and your future—Mercer Transportation wants to help you make the most of your business. With tons of flatbed freight available, we’ve got big opportunities for professional owner-operators. Take advantage of the surplus of open deck freight and get help from a load coordinator whenever you need it.
While the economy continues to rebound, now is a great time to strengthen your business for the future. Mercer has a massive freight network with more than 12,000 customers, providing stability in unpredictable times. We send payments consistently on time, quickly after paperwork is submitted for each load.
Running your own business, you must pay attention to expenses. Especially when you’re staying busy, the operating costs add up. Mercer Transportation helps with discounts on tires, fuel, insurance, and essential gear.
Mercer Transportation offers great benefits to owner-operators:
- Zero sign-on fees to join with Mercer
- Browse thousands of loads or use a personal load coordinator
- Quick Pay after paperwork is submitted for each load
- Save on diesel with Mercer fuel card (we file and pay fuel taxes)
- Major discounts on tires, insurance, and essential gear
- Access to driver lounge and open-door offices in Louisville
- Bonus credits for revenue, safety, and years-of-service
Join Mercer Transportation - The Owner Operator Company!
Minimum Requirements for Owner Operators:
- 25+ years old with current class A CDL and DOT physical
- Clean driving record (accidents, traffic violations, etc.)
- 6 months open deck experience in the last 3 years
- One year of recent interstate trucking experience
- Willing to install a forward-facing dashcam
- Must have a smartphone
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
Even though we’ve grown into one of the top carriers in North America, Mercer Transportation has managed to preserve the friendly and supportive culture of a “mom and pop” operation. We started as a small flatbed company more than 40 years ago, and we remain dedicated to the success of each owner-operator. With a service area stretching across the continent, our broad foundation helps us remain stable through rough patches in the economy. If you feel like you’re not getting the respect you deserve or the amount of freight you need to succeed, call to learn more about the opportunities and support available with Mercer Transportation.