Clean Harbors in Dolton, IL is looking for a Class A CDL Driver to join their safety conscious team! Class A Drivers perform driving and equipment operating duties associated with projects such as Industrial tank cleaning, utility work, facility shutdown, emergency response, site remediation and rail car cleaning. Working outside year-round in all types of weather. Work is local, and schedule is primarily during the day, however must be flexible and available for emergency situations and scheduled on call weeks. Drivers can expect to be driving approximately 40% of their day, and operating equipment for the remainder.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages;
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment;
- Group 401K with company matching component;
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career;
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement;
- Positive and safe work environments.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Performs driving duties associated with industrial tank cleaning, utility work, facility shutdowns, emergency response, site remediation, rail car cleaning;
- Vehicles operated, but not limited to Vacuum Trucks, Cusco, Air Movers, Guzzlers and Roll offs;
- Ability to be on call for emergency response (rotation schedule will vary by branch);
- Maintain daily logs, time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Class A CDL Required;
- Must enroll in hazmat endorsement within 30 days of hire (Company Paid!);
- Tanker endorsement preferred;
- 1 Year previous experience operating tanker or roll off vehicles;
- Previous experience in a labor setting;
- Ability to use a mobile device.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.