Safety-Kleen Metairie, LA location is seeking Class A Regional Tanker Driver. Our Class A Tanker Drivers are responsible for delivering waste water/used motor oil to our Safety-Kleen facilities and for delivering used oils from our customer sites back to our local re-refineries and will involve travel throughout the Gulf states. Position will be required to travel up 2-3 nights a week and possible weekends.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages!
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Operates tractor trailer tanker units and other vehicles;
- Transports waste materials to internal and external customer locations;
- Transports used materials from our customer sites back to a Safety-Kleen branches;
- Adheres to weights and ensures proper utilization of the units;
- Properly secures the loads for safe transportation;
- Placards vehicle in accordance to Company and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements/regulations;
- Maintains daily logs (ELD), time sheets, expense reports, dispatch and trip reports as well as vehicle inspection reports;
- Ability to travel overnight up to 2-3 nights at a time.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Class A CDL Required;
- HAZMAT and Tanker Endorsements Preferred or Ability to Obtain;
- 6+ months of tanker driving experience preferred;
- Passport, or willingness to obtain upon hire, preferred;
- Ability to travel overnight up to 2-3 nights a week.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483)
Apply today! Visit us at www.safety-kleen.com/careers.
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.