Our Omaha, NE location has an opening for an Environmental Field Chemist. Our Chemists are responsible for packaging waste, completing corresponding paperwork and transporting waste to local disposal facilities. This position is not a lab chemist position and requires up to 100% field work in various working conditions.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Rapid developmental and progression plans.
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your environmental career
- Clean Harbors training includes:
Occupational Health and Safety (OSHA) environmental certifications
EPA Resource and Recovery Act (RCRA) environmental certifications Department of Transportation (DOT) environmental certifications
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Executes Jobs at Clean Harbors customer locations including many fortune 500 companies;
- Executes lab pack projects/jobs and ensures the proper packaging of material/waste;
- Responsible for final preparation and approval of all projects before shipment in accordance with OSHA, EPA, DOT and company policies;
- Conducts projects/jobs according to site specific Federal, State and local regulations and health and safety plans;
- Prints labels, labels drums and stages drums for driver pick-up;
- Ensures drum count is correct and that drum conditions are shippable in accordance our company’s policies and procedure.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Available for overnight travel (approx 1-2 times a month);
- Bachelors of Science preferred, but not necessary;
- Driver's license required, with clean 3 year MVR;
- Class B CDL or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire (we will provide training)
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class. Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company. *CH