HydroChemPSC is looking for a Vapor Control Operator to join their safety conscious team! The Vapor Control Operator is responsible for the safe operation of thermal oxidizers, vapor combustors, and carbon vapor control systems. Successful operators are team oriented, and highly motivated. Operators receive on the job training as needed to ensure they can safely and effectively operate and maintain vapor control equipment installed at various customer sites, in accordance with appropriate regulations, equipment specifications, and in line HPC company policies, practices, and procedures.
HydroChemPSC, a Clean Harbors company, is the premier industrial cleaning and environmental services company in North America supporting the upstream, downstream, and utility sectors. HydroChemPSC offers an exceptional three-pronged safety system, innovative career development platform, committed customer service, deep industry expertise, and advanced technology and automation. We are committed to safety, people, growth, service, and performance. We provide the safest, most efficient operational experience for our customers and the most comprehensive training and career development for our employees.
- Maintain and calibrate analyzers.
- Maintain clear and concise logs of all maintenance and calibrations.
- Move and set up equipment at job sites.
- Monitor emissions from frac tanks under PSC VCM care.
- Review all applicable paperwork ensuring proper completion.
- Track carbon change outs and usage and manage liquid media on site.
- Ability to operate PSC vehicles and equipment.
- Inspects equipment and general work area prior to starting any job. Corrects deficiencies that may cause accidents, injuries, lost productivity, or harm to equipment or that are inconsistent with client’s requirements.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance on equipment when required.
- Completes all appropriate paperwork.
- Trains Technicians and Operators on-the-job in equipment operation, service line processes and necessary paperwork.
- Operates all necessary equipment in service line (VCM) in accordance with operation training and safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Outdoors – refineries, power stations, etc.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year of plant work experience (not required, but preferred).
- Mechanical and Operational knowledge of tools, equipment, and tasks in job processes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must possess excellent organization & multi-tasking skills.
- Detail Oriented.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to anticipate and prepare for various events on own initiative.
- Reading and writing skills to document monitoring results and complete forms.
- Must be able to read equipment output.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- CDL with Class A is not required but preferred.
HydroChemPSC and its subsidiaries affords equal opportunity in employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, pregnancy, familial status, disability status, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected under Federal, State or Local law. HydroChemPSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.