Safety-Kleen Davenport, IA is looking for a Class B Route Driver to join their safety conscious team! Our Drivers operate Class B box, vacuum, and tank trucks, and are primarily responsible for providing on-site customer service selling and servicing parts washers as well as picking up containerized industrial (hazardous & non-hazardous) waste at customer locations, such as mechanic shops and industrial businesses. Flexibility, sales aptitude, and strong customer services skills are required for this job. As well the ability to obtain Hazmat and Tanker endorsements upon hire.
- Monday - Friday, 1st shift, average start time 7:00 am (8 - 10 hr. work day)
- Paid hourly (overtime after 40 hrs.)
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Switch out 15- & 30-gallon drums of solutions;
- Clean out sediment from sinks;
- Pick up 55-gallon containers of various fluids and oil filters;
- Up-sell at existing customer locations and generate new leads in the field;
- Able to work 10-12 hours per day as needed.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Class B CDL License required;
- Ability to obtain Tanker and Hazmat endorsement required;
- Previous customer service/ route sales experience an asset;
- Ability to travel overnight;
- Ability to perform labor experience loading/offloading truck, moving drums, etc.);
- Ability to use a mobile computer.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK.™
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, is a Military & Veteran friendly company.