Clean Harbors (Carson, CA) is looking for a Class A Driver to join their safety conscious team! The Class “A” Driver is responsible for the transportation of hazardous waste (tank, van, and/or roll-off dump trailer) from a generator/facility to a Clean Harbors facility and/or an outside disposal facility adhering to Department of Transportation (DOT) and hazardous waste (HAZMAT) regulations.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Industrial Services Drivers perform a wide range of tasks, including:
- Transporting hazardous waste according to DOT and hazard waste regulations;
- Ensuring proper loading, segmenting, and unloading of materials;
- Maintaining various logs, worksheets, and reports;
- Large tank, surface impoundment, high-pressure, and chemical cleaning;
- Catalyst handling and material processing;
- Maintaining, cleaning, and operating company equipment;
- Performing field labor work as needed.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Willing to travel away from home up to XX% or XX weeks at a time.
- Currently hold a Class A CDL license;
- Possess or can obtain a Hazardous Waste Endorsement;
- High School Diploma;
- Hazmat certification
- TWIC Certification
- 1 or more years of HAZMAT transportation experience a plus;
- Ability and willingness to travel 2-4 weeks at a time and work on a rotating on-call basis;
- Willingness to complete a background check, drug test, and physical.
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.