Our Safety-Kleen facility in Sioux Falls, SD is looking for a Sales and Service Route Driver Trainee. In this role you will train to drive a Class B box truck to provide onsite service for parts washer machines and sell products/services in a defined route. This position will focus on servicing automotive repair, fleets, and manufacturing type businesses. Our Route Sales and Service Drivers provide regularly scheduled parts cleaner service, containerized waste collection for proper disposal, and deliver petroleum-based lubricants and other related products. We invest in you from day one, by providing you with an exemplary company paid training program, to ensure your success with Safety-Kleen. You will learn to service our waste oil, parts washer, vacuum services and more. Safety-Kleen will pay for you to obtain your CDL.
Why work for Safety-Kleen?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority, and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive wages
- Company paid CDL training
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Completes daily scheduled services, deliveries, and pickups in a timely manner.
- Switch out 15 & 30 gallon drums of solutions at customer location.
- Completes all required documentation and labeling.
- Generates / collects leads from customers for new products and services.
- Sells additional products and services into existing accounts.
- Ensures customer satisfaction at time of service.
- Follow all local, state (provincial) and federal compliance regulations and rules.
- Safely operate vehicles in accordance with U.S. DOT, local, state (provincial) and federal requirements.
What does it take to work for Safety-Kleen?
- Experience in a route delivery industry preferred
- Commercial driving experience preferred
- Ability to obtain and retain a CDL Class “B” with hazmat and tanker endorsement within 90 days of hire.
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently while managing time and productivity
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company, has a commitment to excellence deeply rooted in a strong sense of tradition. Our entire business model revolves around keeping North American businesses green. We generate more than $1.2 billion in annual revenue as a world-class environmental service organization and market leader in industrial hazardous waste management, parts-cleaning technology, and oil re-refining. We collect over 200 million gallons of used motor oil each year and we have the largest re-refinery capacity in North America allowing us to re-refine more than 150 million gallons each year.
Every day, we help our customers resolve their waste management needs and reduce their carbon footprint. PROTECTION. CHOICES. PEOPLE. MAKE GREEN WORK ™
We thank all those interested in joining the Safety-Kleen team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Safety-Kleen Systems, a Clean Harbors company is a Military & Veteran friendly company.