Crete Carrier is part of the Acklie Companies which also includes its divisions of Shaffer Trucking and HTL Truck Line and Hunt Transportation. Together they are one of the largest privately held, asset-based trucking and logistics companies in the country. Our product offerings include dry van, protective temperature control trailers, and flatbeds serving all 48 states, Canada, and Mexico. Whether you need national, regional, or dedicated service, we can provide "one-stop shopping" for all your transportation needs.
As a rapidly growing financially secure organization we have employment opportunities in all areas of the organization throughout the country. Our web page will provide you a listing of career choices available as well as our outstanding benefits package.
- Crete Carrier & Shaffer Trucking are raising pay for the 3rd time this year
- The raises result in a 10% pay increase for our National OTR drivers this year
- Miles are up!
- We pay Practical vs Short Route miles (which pays 3-5% more miles annually)
- OTR drivers start between 54-60 per practical mile
- We need safe experienced drivers that want to run
- We are a debt-free family-owned company
- May – October our miles were up 17.1 million miles compared to the same six months last year.
- Top 50% average over $83,100 per year
- Awarded as a Top Pay Certified Carrier by the NTI for over 10 years
- Safe Driver Productivity Bonus
- Guaranteed Detention Pay
- Valid Class A CDL
- 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience*
- Has passed the required company and DOT physical, required drug test, company in-truck driving test, and otherwise meets DOT requirements
- Stable, verifiable work history
- Minimum 22 years old
- Has an acceptable driving record as reflected by MVR and PSP with no major preventable accident in the most recent five years
- No DUI or DWI convictions or positive drug screens or events in the past five years
- Able to perform functions outlined in the job description