Crete Carrier is part of the Acklie Companies which also includes its divisions of Shaffer Trucking and HTL Truck Line and Hunt Transportation. Together they are one of the largest privately held, asset-based trucking and logistics companies in the country. Our product offerings include dry van, protective temperature control trailers, and flatbeds serving all 48 states, Canada, and Mexico. Whether you need national, regional, or dedicated service, we can provide "one-stop shopping" for all your transportation needs.
As a rapidly growing financially secure organization we have employment opportunities in all areas of the organization throughout the country. Our web page will provide you a listing of career choices available as well as our outstanding benefits package.
- Miles is up!
- We have new dedicated/regional fleets with more home time
- Starting OTR pay $.59 - $.65 CPM
- We pay Practical vs Short Route miles (which pays 3-5% more miles annually)
- We need safe experienced drivers that want to run
- We are a debt-free family-owned company
- May – October our miles were up 17.1 million miles compared to the same six months last year.
- Top 50% average $96,034 per year
- Awarded as a Top Pay Certified Carrier by the NTI for over 10 years
- Safe Driver Productivity Bonus
- Guaranteed Detention Pay
Benefits of Joining Crete Carrier
- Full benefits: Health from BCBS, dental, vision, life, and 401(K)
- Annual profit sharing contribution
- Contributed $12 million towards employee profit-sharing in 2020!
- Pet Policy: 2 dogs or cats
- No-cost rider policy
- Increased cruise speed
- Paid orientation
- Industry-leading CSA scores
- Average equipment age of 2 years
- Dedicated Dispatch 24/7
- Valid Class A CDL
- 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience*
- Has passed the required company and DOT physical, required drug test, company in-truck driving test, and otherwise meets DOT requirements
- Stable, verifiable work history
- Minimum 22 years old
- Has an acceptable driving record as reflected by MVR and PSP with no major preventable accident in the most recent five years
- No DUI or DWI convictions or positive drug screens or events in the past five years
- Able to perform functions set forth in the job description
*Some area restrictions apply